Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Who'd Have Thought I'd Enjoy Being a Barista...

Currently Listening To: Shot in the Dark- Ozzy Osborne

So this morning we went out to job hunt. I had an idea where I wanted to look, but Chris put off getting a paper, and didn't have any idea where he wanted to start. That aside, he dropped me off out in front of the Starbucks by Safeway while he went to go gas up the car.

Turns out there was a job fair being set up, and I had arrived a bit early for it. This was a pleasant suprise to me, so I grabbed an application, rushed home to fill it out with phone numbers and addresses, and then turned it in with my application. I was one of the first people being interviewed, and the interview went quite well, from my observation. They seemed impressed by my misadventures at Regal in their tiny Cafe.

On a geekier note, they asked me what "legendary service" meant to me. Mentally, I was thinking of something along the lines of an extra 8 CR, with hit die, bolstered ability scores and all that, but obviously that was the wrong answer ^_~

I'm really hoping I get hired on there. I didn't narrow down my avaliability on the application, but I hopefully narrow it down a bit if I get called in for a second interview. It'll suck for gaming, but money and paying the bills is far more important at the moment. The atmosphere is really nice, the dress code is casual, and all I have to do is clean and make coffee. Unlike at Regal, where I had to make coffee, serve popcorn and pop, juice, hotdogs I didn't even have back behind the counter, and preztels. Do you know how hard it is to make an expresso while simultaneously trying to bag popcorn and pour cola? I'm going to be glad for the change if I get hired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home