Thursday, June 08, 2006

So Here's the Rundown...

Currently Listening To: Rodeo -Hoedown- by Aaron Copland

Wedding checklist:
~Called Brian about Dominique's appointment to get her dressed fitted. Left a message with Ami.
~Had Chris call his mom and recruited her for looking into Cliff Park, and to possibly pull some old Boy Scout strings.
~Called my mom to inform her we have another person working on the wedding place as well.
~One of my bridesmaids is still looking up recipes. Need to set a date to go through all of those.
~Still need to get the mom's dresses.
~WEDDING CAKES, FLOWERS AND DJ.

G'ah.

I applied at Petco today as a brusher. I'd basically just brush dogs in the grooming department. We need some extra cash, if for anything my insurance for my lisence. I really would like my driver's lisence, and it would help out a lot. So if anything, a part time job would pay for my insurance. Plus I wouldn't have to deal with a lot of people. I can dig that.

Chris' job is giving him crap. They keep adding stops and sections to his route, and not compensating him for them, but they expect him to keep up the same time frame and job performance. He has pick-ups at the end of his route, but they have to be picked up by 5. With the current amount of stops he has, he can't get to the pickups by 5, as he's 1 or 2 sections away, and has been having to have other workers cover his pickups for him. He averages about 12 stops per section, and he has 6 sections. So that's an average of 72 stops a day. In a timeframe of 9-5. Not counting bathroom breaks and stopping somewhere to, oh, I dunno, eat. And that's just average. It's really harsh. So if asking for a raise and taking the pickups off the end of his route doesn't work, he's probably going to start looking for another job. He likes delivering packages, but this is really eating away at him. He busts his ass so hard, and it's still not good enough, even when I'm there to help him on his route. It seriously blows.

Apparently we're getting a gerbil, cage and food for free. Carly is bringing him over, because they can't re-sell animals that people have brought back for a refund. Which is fine, we have rats already, so a gerbil won't be so bad.

After she gets here and leaves, I'm gonna go for a walk. I've been trying to get more exercise, cut back on my portions and junk food. It's just healthier for me, and summer-time's the time to do it. I'm also trying some supplements that boost my metabolism and energy. Yes, I'm being careful with them, and if they start adversely affecting me, I'll stop. I'm not dumb, but I figured I'd give them a shot.

That's about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home