Thursday, June 01, 2006

First off, a bit off my chest.

So yeah, I'm soooo eager for my wedding to be over. Not because I don't think it will be one of the happiest and beautiful moments in my life, but because of the damned planning! God, it's stressful. I feel like it's going nowhere, no matter what I do. A friend of mine said "one thing at a time", but what am I supposed to do when even one step at a time is hindered?

I'm thinking of asking my dad for financial help with it. Mostly with the place we'll be married at, the reception hall and the floral, I think. I can't afford to make this wedding nice. But I'm hoping my family will help out as crunch time approaches.

Thus far, I've gotten catering figured out, in so far as I'm getting together some moms and friends of mine, and they'll make a crapload of hors h'ouerves. My friend's girlfriend can do the photography for $175, I've gotten my dress and my bridesmaid's dresses together. Decorations will be next to no effort, but I'm still looking for a place to make the wedding cake. My mom's offered to pay for the honeymoon, ect.

But the fact remains that I still don't have a place to have the ceremony yet. I'm hoping that Cliff Park will be avaliable, but if not I may have to look into the 4 parks the Parks Department said, and cross my fingers that they won't rush us through our ceremony.

Sometimes I feel like I'm doing this by myself, and that no one's really all that interested in it. Everyone seems so apathetic about it when I try and discuss the details about the wedding with them.

I'm going out of my skull with this. Oi.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm sure Parnell and Natty-boy would be happy to conduct the ceremony...hey, don't hit me! I was just teasing.

All kidding aside, its been fifteen years since Patso and I were married, and it all seemed like such a whirlwind because we threw our wedding together in about a month. Fortunately, our wedding was small, and we had help from my family; otherwise, it would have been just a few minutes at the courthouse.

You do seem to have most of the details figured out, though, except for where to have it. I hope you'll be able to have it at Cliff Park. Ourdoor weddings are lovely.

Out of curiosity, when is the big date?

6:47 PM  
Blogger Ryven said...

We plan on getting married on September 17th. We had originally planned to do the 18th, because it was the day he and I originally started dating, but the 18th falls on a Monday this year, so we moved it back a day for everyone's convinience.

But yeah, I have a few of the major details worked out. It's the little stuff that's making me crazy -all the little last minute hangups.

Hehe, it wouldn't have worked anyway, with Nathaniel or Parnell. I'm having a nondenominational wedding anway. I halfway expect Sparky the Wonder Zealot (that's what Chris and I have taken to calling Nathaniel)to check my blog out and start posting. Which is fine, turn about is fair play. I just hope to have more of my friends reading this and that way, I can have my own army of "evil devil worshipping secular witch soldiers".

Fifteen years, though, wow. O.O How old were you when you got married?

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a September wedding also. We were married on the 23rd--two years from the date we saw Jimmy Page together in concert. I was 25; Pat was 29. Yes, that makes me over 40 now.

Oh, Sparky will be over here, have no doubt. And I'm sure he'll post. I've seen him do it before. Anyway, you have TSC; so even if he brings Parnell over here they're still outnumbered.

My wedding was non-denominational also. We were married at my parents home by the J.O.P.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Ryven said...

Ooh, nice. Hey, if you were married by a JOP, how much did that run? I've been meaning to look that up. 'Cause I just might have too if plan A doesn't work. I have friend who's dad is a Buddhist priest, but also a legal officiate. He said he'd get back to me on whether or not his temple will allow him to do a nondenominational wedding.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The JOP cost about $50 (I think) but that was back in 1990. Its probably a little more now.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home